Nota Breve

Podia ter chamado este blog "Reflexões de uma luso-americana"; escolhi "Mensagem numa garrafa" por desconhecer o destino das minhas palavras e o impacto que estas terão. Será escrito nas versões de português de Portugal (pelos menos da maneira que me recordo) e de inglês americano.

This blog could have been named "Musings of a Portuguese-American"; I chose "Message in a Bottle" as I will never know who my words will reach and the impact they'll have on all those strangers. It is being written in American English, as well as in Portuguese from Portugal.

16 de setembro de 2014

Grassroot movements, Civil disobedience, K Street and Brazen bribery while voters sleep

UNDER THE INFLUEN$E:
http://vimeo.com/85064066

Just some of the reasons why I increasingly hold politicians and the prevailing business-world culture in such contempt. Unfortunately I'm surrounded by too many zombies who are oblivious to what is really going on and, unlike many of those depicted in this video, I don't see the tide changing any time soon.

That said, seeing that there are people who are sufficiently awake to notice and willing to fight, makes me happy - just not hopeful.

People are too busy and too tired to demand change. People have enough on their plates already, they want to be happy and to be entertained, they'd rather listen to talking heads on a corporation's payroll validate their points-of-view than to research facts and go against the status quo. People do not want to believe how easily things can become worse than they already are. I don't blame them. I blame those pulling the strings.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

(Insultos e SPAM serão eliminados)